Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia is the only practice in the metro region dedicated to pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. Our mission is to provide patients and their families with an unparalleled healthcare experience from the first contact with the practice through treatment. Stephen Lipsky, M.D., Melody Garcia, O.D., Bevin Bithell, C.O., and the entire CEC team, believe that children and their families should be served in a pediatric environment that understands and addresses the needs of children, families and adults with eye misalignment.
Dr. Stephen Lipsky founded Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia in 2020 after almost three decades in Ophthalmology. Dr. Lipsky recognizes that pediatric patients are not just tiny adults and that the entire experience needs to be tailored to the pediatric patient and the patient’s family. This includes staff who understand the stress and worry of potential of eye problems in children. It also includes having a facility that is inviting and welcoming to children, making them feel comfortable. Lastly, a seamless interface with your child’s pediatrician is vital to assuring prompt diagnosis and treatment of pediatric eye disease.
Mission / Vision / Values
Mission: (Why we exist)
To provide specialized eye care for children and correct strabismus of all ages.
Vision: (where we are going)
Best care for a lifetime of better vision and alignment.
- Excellence: To be the best source for pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus care through continued efforts to improve our skills, knowledge and team.
- Kids First: To make sure children come first by striving to make this the best experience possible at a doctor’s office.
- Parents as Partners: We will work with parents to empower them to be part of the decision making process for their child through education, informative materials and conversation, all the while being attentive to the emotional toll of a potential vision problem.
- Straight eyes at any age: You are never too old to attempt to eliminate the misalignment of your eyes or your double vision.
- Team building: Having a team that works together to make sure each day is fun, rewarding and chance to grow long term.
The team at Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia is dedicated to providing the best experience for children and their families. We have decades of experience addressing and treating the specialized eye care needs of children from birth to adulthood. Adults with strabismus, eye misalignment and double vision will find our expertise in handling these problems reassuring and supportive.
- Joined the Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia Team in February 2020
- Kristy’s favorite site in Atlanta is The Georgia Aquarium
- Her hobbies include reading, hiking, and spending time with her family
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Knowing I will never have a boring day working with kids!”
- Joined the Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in February 2020
- Mariah’s favorite site in Atlanta is Sweetwater Creek State Park
- Her hobbies include exercising and discovering new restaurants!
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Melting at the sight of how adorable the little babies with tiny glasses are, and being able to make a difference in their everyday lives.”
- Joined the Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in January 2020
- Renada’s favorite site in Atlanta is the Skyview Ferris Wheel
- Her favorite things to do in her sparetime are walking her dog, reading or listening to good fiction, and re-watching TV shows
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “The kids make it fun everyday!”
- Joined the Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in February 2021
- Morgan’s favorite spots in Atlanta are The Fox Theatre, Mary Mac’s Tea Room, and Eight Sushi Lounge
- Her hobbies include hanging out with her cat, listening to audiobooks in the car, reading, and playing video games
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Working alongside such a fun and passionate team to help friendly families from all corners of the world!”
- Joined the Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in October 2020
- Chris’s favorite sites in Atlanta are Grant Park, Piedmont Park, Woodruff Arts Center, and Fernbank Museum
- His hobbies are reading for pleasure, baking, hiking, playing cards, and watching indie and foreign films
- His favorite part of working at CEC: “Working with such a happy and friendly team! Also interacting with appreciative parents.”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in January 2020
- Karyn’s favorite site in Atlanta: Any new restaurant
- Her hobbies are spending time with her family, exercising and reading
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Working together with the exceptional CEC team!”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in January 2022
- Holly’s favorite site in Atlanta: Sweetwater Creek State Park
- Her hobbies are hiking, trying new recipes, gardening, and crafting
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “The “it takes a village” mindset that our staff and family members exemplify.”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in Summer 2022
- Enisa’s favorite site in Atlanta: The Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Her hobbies are hiking, baking and trying out new restaurants
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “When the kids get really excited about the stickers and lollipops and working with a team who all enjoy working here.”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in July 2022
- Samantha’s favorite site in Atlanta: I love The Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Her hobbies are enjoying the sunshine on pretty days and spending time with my family and friends
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “I love being a part of and watching the team interact with our patients. Seeing how interactive and caring everyone is with the kiddos brightens my day.”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in November 2022
- Vanessa’s favorite site in Atlanta: Exploring the Atlanta Beltline
- Her hobbies include spending time with family, friends and furbabies! I love to try to new restaurants and visiting the beach as much as possible.
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Working with a dedicated team that provides world class patient care and helping patients see their best!”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in May 2023
- Caitlin’s favorite site in Atlanta: Georgia Aquarium
- Her hobbies include going to trivia, playing board games, and enjoying the company of my loved ones.
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Interacting with the little ones and providing excellent care with the help of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable team.”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in September 2023
- Renee’s favorite site in Atlanta: The Atlanta Beltline and Piedmont Park
- Her hobbies include working out, hiking, concerts and playing card games.
- Her favorite part of working at CEC: “Having such an amazing team to work alongside each day and being able to make going to the doctor fun for the kids!”
- Joined Children’s Eye Care + Surgery of Georgia team in September 2023
- Brandon’s favorite site in Atlanta: The Atlanta Beltline — it’s the perfect place to go on a long relaxing walk.
- His hobbies include running or going to the gym with my friends. And when I’m not doing that I like playing the guitar.
- His favorite part of working at CEC: “The fun and exciting atmosphere that all of our coworkers and patients create.”
Virtual Office Tour
Please enjoy a virtual tour of our flagship office location!
Request an Appointment
Please select PATIENT or PEDIATRICIAN links below or Email: email@example.com
The links below are not for emergency appointments. Please call the office for emergent issues.
If you have access to previous records from your eye doctor, previous eye surgery, or other records such as CT/MRI please make all efforts to gather those well before your appointment and bring them with you. Gathering information ahead of time will make it much easier for Dr. Lipsky and the staff to address your concerns well ahead of your visit with us.
Contact & Directions
Dr. Stephen Lipsky has dedicated his career to the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric eye disease and adult strabismus. He and a dedicated team have launched an entire practice dedicated to his specialty. We are excited to bring our practice to the thriving area of Peachtree Corners and The Forum. Come visit us for eye care and stay and enjoy all the shops and restaurants available in The Forum, including Trader Joe’s!
”Dr Lipsky is an excellent doctor. He performed surgery on my husband for misalignment of one of his eyes. We were very pleased with the results and would recommend him to anyone that needs the best doctor in town!Georgia - June, 2019